“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
When life is done chewing me up and spitting me out, there are some things I’d like to do. I don’t have any wild fantasies. I just need change. That might sound wild to some.
- buy five books and read them one after another
- on a beach in the Caribbean
- hike slowly
- somewhere I’ve never been before
- buy new clothes
- in colors I’ve never worn before
- learn about something I don’t know exists at his moment
- spend time with my husband away from home
- where there are no computers, iPhones, or interruptions
- figure out who I am at this time & decide if that’s who I want to be
These are my other plans. In spite of life happening, I’m pretty sure these other plans are things I have to stop thinking about and go do. Guess that means I have to get up off the couch.